Transforming an old door that is both useful and beautiful requires a little imagination and elbow grease. It doesn’t hurt to also have a desire to reuse and recycle resulting in a one-of-a-kind piece you’re proud to show off! Let’s see if we can help with some imagination.
- Room Dividers – Great, especially for old decorative doors – use the doors as dividers to split up rooms for privacy or for utility. [source]
- Bookshelf – Cut out the inserts or simply cut holes into the door and then use those for shelves and mount the entire thing away from the wall to create racks. [source]
- Decorative Chalkboard – Paint with a matte black (or other color) and then hang in the bathroom or elsewhere and decorate with chalk by writing inspirational quotations or something else onto the door. [source]
- Door Headboard – Remove knob, then clean and refinish the door to match the bed or other decor. Then mount behind to use as a beautiful headboard. [source]
- Entry Bench – Remove the knob and other items, clean and finish to your liking and then attach a sturdy board for the benchtop and mount in your entryway. [source]
- Coffee Table – Simply mount the door, refinished or vintage, onto legs or with parts of another door. You can place a lower section with yet another door to create a storage space as well. [source]
- Art Display – Perfect for old garage doors – clean and finish or leave in a vintage state. Cut out inserts and hang on wall – mount art or whatever you like inside each insert. [source]