The one downside to all of our amazing gadgets and technology is learning how to disguise them in our home. All the cables look like a spaghetti nightmare! Check out some of the “hidden” options available.
- Book Coverage – You can try sandwiching your router between a large empty book for a classic look [source]
- Hide it in a Drawer – Drill a hole in the back of a drawer to let the cords out, keeping it hidden inside for safe keeping [source]
- Hide it in a Box – Procure or decoupage a pretty box then make holes along the front or back for the cords to peek out [source]
- Design the Cords – Try to make the cords of the router seem pretty and design-worthy, dress them up and let them be free [source]
- Create faux cabinet doors – You can cover up an unsightly router and it’s cords with a faux cabinet door to go over them, just hide it behind the computer desk [source]
- Use cord management straps – Gather together all your unsightly cords and boxes and put them behind your computer, then run the wires down the length of your desk using a cord manager [source]
- Get creative with your room’s details – Dress up the walls with some simple picket fencing or other fence like material to keep cords out of sight and out of mind [source]