As a kid my aunt always use to make unusual ornaments for the family Christmas tree. Here are a few ideas in case your “aunt” cannot make some for your family!
- Artificial or Fresh Flowers – Fresh or artificial flowers adorning a Christmas tree can chase away a cold and snowy day. [source]
- Photographs as Ornaments – Clipping an array of small photographs all over the tree will keep the memories of happy days at the forefront. [source]
- Lego Ornaments – Let the kids make an assortment of Lego ornaments, and use a click-on brick loop to string them onto the tree. [source]
- Giant Ornaments – Giant, oversized ornaments make a dramatic statement when covering a tree. [source]
- Bright, Funky Colors – Think outside the box and decorate in bright, non traditional colors such as pink, blue, or lime green. [source]
- Black and White Stripes – Using black and white striped accents all over and around the tree adds a modern, graphic look to the holidays. [source]
- Gumdrop Balls – Adhering gumdrops to a styrofoam ball makes a festive, colorful ornament for the tree that the kids can help make! [source]