Pizza is a big deal in the US and around the world. Pizza comes from the Latin root word “Picea” which means “the blackening of crust by fire.”
Here are 7 facts you may not know about pizza from pizza.com
- Pepperoni is requested as a topping on 36% of all pizzas ordered.
- The “5 Best Days” for pizza sales are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, night before Thanksgiving, New Year’s Day
- Popular “gourmet pizza toppings” – dandelions, eggplant, cajun shrimp, chicken, oysters, crayfish, sprouts, artichoke hearts, and tuna
- As far as Americans and pizza toppings go: 38% prefer vegetables, 62% prefer meat toppings
- When is come to vegetables on pizza, women are twice as likely to order vegetables as men.
- While watching TV news, pizza is most often ordered when the weather is broadcast
- Which night is the most popular to order pizza? Saturday