Have you tried any of these 7 unusual fruits? I’ve tried four of them!
- Delicious Snack – With a hairy exterior, rambutan might seem strange to eat; however the exterior peels off to reveal a sweet and sour interior. [source]
- A Foreign Delicacy – Growing from the bark and trunk of the tree, jaboticaba is used in South America for wines and liqueurs similar to grapes. [source]
- A Sweet Treat – A sugar apple is a delicious treat and tastes like a mix between a pineapple and a banana. [source]
- A Sweet and Sour Mix – While the outside looks like snake skin, the snake fruit once pealed is sweet as honey and sour as pineapple. [source]
- Chocolate Pudding – Black sapote is known as the chocolate pudding fruit and the inside has a custard like and nutty taste. [source]
- A Variety of Exotic Tastes – Native to places in South America, the Cherimoya has the distinct taste of being a mix of banana, papaya, pineapple and passion fruit. [source]
- Asian Tropical Fruit – Not only is jack fruit rich in vitamin A and a great source of energy, but it also tastes like a blend between banana and pineapple. [source]