“Having high cholesterol puts you at risk of developing heart disease, the leading cause of death in the United States. People of all ages and backgrounds can have high cholesterol.
People with high total cholesterol have approximately twice the risk of heart disease as people with optimal levels.” [source: CDC]
Here are 7 simple, effective, natural ways to lower cholesterol.
- Move That Cholesterol Away – Get plenty of exercise to help your body burn up the extra cholesterol in you body. [source]
- Eat Good Fats – Eat less saturated fat. You want to get good fats in your diet and not the ones from margarine. [source]
- Give Cholesterol a Fiber Uppercut! – Eat plenty of good fiber to get that cholesterol out of your body and other health benefits. [source]
- Eat Like A Man – Eat plenty of fresh fish with their healthy fats to drop cholesterol. Get outside to do it with even better results. [source]
- Drinking Down Bad Cholesterol – Having a drink or two a day can help keep the bad cholesterol out and the good ones in. [source]
- Hard Way To Drop Cholesterol – Quitting smoking is really hard but if you can do it your cholesterol will drop among other things. [source]
- Lower Cholesterol With Nuts – Eating a variety of nuts can naturally bring down your cholesterol in a delicious way. [source]