Commuting can be stressful, but for most of us, it is a requirement we must deal with. Here are 7 ideas you can use to make your drive time less stressful.
- Meditate Meditate – Listen to a meditation recording in order to calm yourself down while waiting in traffic. [source]
- Classical Music – Research has shown that fans of Classical music are more calm. Try out some of that and see if it helps you feel better. [source]
- Unplug and Relax – Take the time to put down your phone and relax while you’re all alone in your car. It’s a good way to get away. [source]
- Just Laugh – If you take the time to laugh and enjoy yourself, you’re less likely to be stressed out while in the commute. [source]
- Stay Away From The Horn – Keep your hands away from your car’s horn. There’s no need to be pressing it and making you and others stressed out. [source]
- Keep In Your Lane – “Instead of rushing around trying to get in faster lanes, just take it easy and stay in your own lane as the traffic moves forward.” [source]
- Rub Some Vaporub – It has been shown that certain scents help you to have better motor controls as well as lower anxiety. [source]