The microwave is found in most kitchens today and used to warm foods up and do some “light” cooking. However, your microwave has other uses as you’ll see below!
- Revive Mascara – Unclump your clumpy mascara by placing the mascara in the microwave for 30 seconds to get rid of the clumps. [source]
- Get More Juice From Fruit – Before squeezing or placing your fruit into a juicer, run it through the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds. [source]
- Sterilization – Use your microwave to sterilize cutting boards and sponges. It is recommended that you place them in there for at least 2 minutes. [source]
- Roast Garlic – Slice off the tip of a garlic clove place in microwave safe dish with some olive oil and few splashes of water. Nuke for 7 minutes and there’s your roasted garlic. [source]
- Remove skin – Boil water to full boil in microwave and drop tomato or peach into water for a few seconds and the skin should peel right off. [source]
- Remove Gum – Remove gum from clothing or shoes by warming one cup of vinegar in your microwave and then dab vinegar onto gum area to remove it easily. [source]
- Tear Free Onion Cutting – Trim both ends of onion and then place into microwave for 30 seconds and get tear free onion cutting every time. [source]