Some of the new units like the Mitsubishi air conditioner now allow placement that previously may have been “off limits.” Check out these options.
- Recessed Into A Wall or False Beam – Try cutting an air conditioner sized recess into a beam where you’d like to place it [source]
- Above a Window – This tip works great with tight spaces, simply place the unit above a window [source]
- Above A Doorway – Another great space saving spot is above a door or door frame [source]
- Over Your Bed – For those that like a cool sleep, placing the unit above your bed would save space and be efficient [source]
- Above An Armoire – A great unused spot for a unit would be above a dresser or armoire [source]
- Above a Bookcase – Another spot that’s out of the way and unused is above a bookshelf or bookcase [source]
- Inside an Open Bookcase or Entertainment unit – One creative idea is to use the space inside of an open bookcase or entertainment center to place the air conditioner [source]