GMO foods seem to have found their way into many of our foods… but, with some effort, you can minimize them in your daily intake. Check out these 7 ways!
- Eat Organic – Organic food must be free of GMOs, so this is a great way to avoid them [source]
- Eat Lots of Fruits and Veggies – Most fresh produce does not contain GMOs. Make sure the label reads something like GMO free [source]
- Check Your Additives – The most common GMOs wind up in your food as additives, so check the ingredients before you buy [source]
- Buy Wild Caught Seafood – Farm raised fish eat feed that includes GMOs, so it’s best to avoid them [source]
- Call Ahead – If you’re eating out, call the restaurant to confirm what ingredients they’re using [source]
- Eat More Fiber – Grains, seeds and things of that nature are GMO free. Load up on them [source]
- Stay Away From Aspartame – Aspartame is made from GMOs, so do your best to avoid it [source]