“Wood ash has some value as a fertilizer, but does not contain nitrogen. Because of the presence of calcium carbonate it acts as a liming agent and will deacidify the soil increasing its pH.” [wikipedia.org] Below are 7 potential uses for wood ash.
- Skunky – Use the ash to clean the skunk off pets. [source]
- New driveway – Use the ash to hide stains on pavement. [source]
- Better compost – Add to compost for a better product. [source]
- Keep pests away – Ash in a garden can keep pests away. [source]
- Ice Melter – Ash can be used to melt ice [source]
- Control you pond – Ash can help control the algae in you pond. [source]
- Silver Shiner – Ash can be used to shine silver. [source]