The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, was introduced in the mid-1900s, and a recipe was published in 1938. Potato doughnuts tend to be lighter than flour doughnuts, and are prepared in a similar method to other doughnuts.
Here are 7 spudnuts recipes!
- Spudnuts Instructable – This is a great step by step recipe of potato doughnuts with great close up pictures [source]
- Fluffy Potato Doughnuts – These sweet and indulgent doughnuts bake up fluffy and light [source]
- Mario’s Potato Doughnuts – Mario Batali makes a killer potato doughnut using this easy step by step recipe [source]
- Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Maple Icing – Paula Deen gives us a rich and flavorful recipe using sweet potatoes and maple syrup [source]
- Spudnuts – This version of spudnuts are made with mashed potato flakes for extra ease and convenience [source]
- Southern Mashed Potato Doughnuts – This recipe of potato doughnuts is made with mashed potatoes for a Southern feel [source]
- Sweet Potato Doughnuts – This version of sweet potato doughnuts is made with fresh vanilla bean and cinnamon for a spicy undertone [source]